Crisis Helplines Palm Beach County
In case you need immediate help: If ever you are feeling hopeless, suicidal, or simply in need of speaking with someone, there are numerous free and anonymous hotlines with trained operators available.
Local Palm Beach County Mental Health Sites & Numbers for West Palm Beach Area
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Palm Beach County (NAMI) is an organization dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy with the goal to empower persons with mental illness and their families https://namiflorida.org/
Suicide Prevention / Depression Support
- US: Hopeline (Suicide Prevention): 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- US: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-Talk (1-800-8255)
- CAN: Suicide Prevention Canada
- Substance Abuse / Alcoholism
- US: National Drug Information Treatment and Referral Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- US: Alcohol Abuse and Crisis Intervention: 1-800-234-0246
- US: National Cocaine Hotline: 1-800-COCAINE (262-2463)
- US: Al-Anon/Alateen Hotline (for friends and family) 1-800-344-2666
- CAN: Drug & Alcohol Helpline 1-800-565-8603
Rape, Abuse & Domestic Violence in Palm Beach County
- US: Childhelp (Child Abuse): 1-800-4ACHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- US: Nat’l. Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- US: RAINN Nat’l. Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- US: Nat’l. Center on Elder Abuse: 1-800-677-1116
- US: National Runaway Switchboard: 1-800-621-4000
- UK: Women’s Aid Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Gay / Lesbian Help Lines
- US: GLBT National Help Center 1-888-843-4564
- UK: Galop – LGBT Abuse Helpline 0800 999 5428
- CAN: PFLAG Canada Helpline 1-888-530-6777
Pregnancy / Sexual Health
- US: Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)
- US: Nat’l. STD Hotline: 1-800-227-8922
- US: National AIDS Hotline: 1-800-342-AIDS (2437)
- US: The Teen AIDS Hotline: 1-800-440-TEEN (8336)
- US: Nat’l. Poison Help: 1-800-222-1222
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES / ORGANIZATIONS
- ULifeline – A directory of resources available for college students— take a self-assessment test; or find your college psych services center.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – Alcoholics Anonymous is an informal meeting society for recovering alcoholics whose primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – Narcotics Anonymous similar to AA, is an international, community-based association of recovering addicts.
- Self-Mutilators Anonymous – A community-based association for individuals struggling with self-mutilation.
- National Institute of Mental Health – Extensive information on a variety of mental health topics.
- National Institute of Health – Extensive information on all health related topics.
- MedlinePlus – Extensive information of different drugs and treatment options.
If you think you have a medical emergency please call your doctor or 911 immediately.